We offer a free collection service nationwide for any of your faulty or damaged devices to ship them to one of our repair centres. Now, to ensure that your device reaches us in the same condition it was in when you sent it, we’ve created this short guide to packaging your device.
Some hands, bubble wrap, packaging tape, and a box that is large enough to fit the device with ample room for bubble wrap, but not so big that the device will rattle around inside it.
Technique that we find works well
- Open the box, and place some bubble wrap or insulation in the bottom of the box, underneath where you’ll be placing the device (you’d be surprised how many people forget to do this).
- Wrap the device itself in bubble wrap, and use some packaging tape to keep it together, as if you were wrapping it as a present.
- Place the wrapped item on top of the bubble wrap in the box.
Make some tea at this point if required. (recommended)
- Now, check to see if there is a lot of empty space on the sides of the device; if there is, these gaps need to be filled with bubble wrap or balled up newspaper, to make sure that the device doesn’t move around inside the box.
- Apply another layer of bubble wrap over the top of the device, so that the box is full, but not going to burst open when you attempt to tape it closed.
- Close the box, and tape it shut, ensuring that it is taped at the underside as well, to safeguard against embarrassment when you pick it up from the table and everything falls out the bottom.
Feel free to call family members, friends and/or co-workers to marvel at the job you have done.
Throughout this process, it is advisable to avoid bursting the bubbles on the bubble wrap, regardless of how satisfying it is.
- Finally, write ‘Fragile’ on the outside of the box for the shipping company to ensure extra care is taken when transporting your package.
- Don’t forget to attach our address (13 Cook Street, Cork City) on the outside of the box, along with your own name and return address.
Conditions under which iElectron accepts items for repair are:
01 If iElectron is unable to fix a device, and it is deemed irreparable, you will not be charged. If the device can be fixed, or parts can be replaced to restore functionality, and the customer declines the repair, a diagnostic fee of €20 can be applied
02 The customer agrees not to hold iElectron responsible for any loss of data or damage the device may have developed in the process of a repair, upgrade, transportation and/or any other services carried out on the ICT hardware. It is the customer’s responsibility to back up data prior to submitting a device.
03 Where several faults are reported by the customer, and at least one of these faults has been successfully repaired, the customer is liable to pay the full amount agreed to. The No Fix/No Fee policy does not apply to partially repaired devices.
04 All items left for repair must be collected 45 days from the time the item is deemed as ready for collection by iElectron staff. If the customer fails to collect the device in this period, it is deemed that the customer has given up ownership of the device, and it will be taken to remedy any losses that the company may have sustained in the process of repair. iElectron will do its utmost to contact the customer when the device is ready for collection, although it is the customer’s responsibility to collect the device within the 45 days.
05 iElectron provides a 6 month warranty with most repairs preformed, as of the 10th September 2014, which covers only repairs/part replacements preformed by iElectron, and doesn’t cover any damage, accidental or otherwise, caused be the customer, both with hardware and software.
06 In the event of a warranty issue, iElectron will attempt to repair/ replace the part that is malfunctioning. Only if iElectron cannot repair the device will a refund be offered.
07 With regard to known design flaws, such as the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death, and the PS3 Yellow Light of Death, iElectron offers a limited warranty, covering one more attempt at repair, free of charge, within three months of the original repair. There are no refunds for this service, and the same applies to water damaged devices.
08 Estimated repair times are subject to change, although iElectron will endeavor to repair all items as quickly as possible.